Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX S

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX SPOILER
From: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 19:25:31 -0600
There's no need for a lot of real estate to get good RX performance.  The Hi-Z three element and four element phased vertical arrays have a small footprint and yield a worthwhile and useful RDF.  The vertical elements are essentially ground independent, can be made of almost anything, and can be any reasonable length (obviously shorter elements have less capture area).  I have no fiduciary interest in Hi-Z or DXE but am a very satisfied, long term user of the Hi-Z-300 eight circle array.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS