Topband: QRP on 160?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QRP on 160?
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 22:22:23 +0100
No, I guess I should have clarified what I was saying . . .

Sure, my 160m mobile whip is much less efficient than a full-sized 160m
aerial . . . but I have calibrated the S Meter on my Mobile Rig so that it
reads the same as signals on my main aerial at home. (and both my rigs at
home have calibrated S Meters, ie 50uV = S9)

So the noise outside my house is S7 (as it is on my main aerial) . . . as it
is almost everywhere driving around . . . and often very much stronger
outside various buildings.

One of the locals to me now has a permanent S9 + 15dB noise level on Top
Band.

Roger G3YRO