[TowerTalk] FALLING TOWER RADIUS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FALLING TOWER RADIUS
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 10:36:03 -0500
At 09:47 AM 4/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have always worried what a vandel with a crescent wrench could do to me
by >removing the main bolt.

>73, Richard
>K5NA@BGA.COM
>http://www.realtime.net/~k5na

What I have done to relieve my fears is to double nut the main bolt.  I have
also drilled a hole in the bolt and used a kotter-key with a slotted bolt.
If you have ever installed new wheel bearings on an axel, you have to remove
a kotter-key then the nut that has slots for the kotter-key.  It is not a
fool proof method, but it would sure slow down the vandals.  They would have
to have more than one tool to do any good.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net