[TowerTalk] 45G top plates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top plates
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 07:16:06 -0500
Barry Kutner wrote:

> On  5 May 97, k3lr <k3lr@telerama.lm.com> wrote:
>
> > I also think that putting the top set of guys at the tower
> > top is the best place. It does make yagi installs a bit
> > more of an effort, but it hasn't been a problem here.
> >
> Makes sense to me too, but that's not the way Rohn specifies it.
> Anyone know why?
>
> --
> Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@bellatlantic.net
> Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com
>
> --

Rohn literature presents only one of many possible tower guying
installations. I hesitate to speak for them, but they appear to want to
present a typical tower for suppport of a business sized antenna on top.
This is where the market is. They do offer engineering services for
specific special loading situations.

Most amateur installations would fall into the "special loading
situations"

I think of a tower section as a building block or 2x4 that I can use to
build whatever I need. Their detailed section drawings give me the
structural strength info (except torsional strength) that I need to do
the rest of the design.

de n0yvy steve