[TowerTalk] Re: Falling from towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Falling from towers
From: ke4rna@Traveller.COM (Donnie Murray (KE4RNA))
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:55:37 +0000
  The fall arrester being described here really work. I've had a
couple of training sessions/demonstrations from the Miller Co. who is
a manufacturer of safety belts, lanyards ect. where sacks of sand
wieghing 250 lbs. attached from above using standard lanyards snapped
after a fall of only 5 feet. Even if a body were close to the ground
and the lanyard did not sever, the sudden jerk on the spine when the
slack comes out will most certainly cause injury. When the fall
arrester was used the weight came to a gentle stop.