[TowerTalk] Force 12 Customer Service

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Customer Service
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 12:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-01 10:41:19 EDT, ad4hw@citrus.infi.net writes:

> I had a similar problem in getting information from Force 12.  I wanted to
>  know if I could get the C3 in a 120 MPH version.  The lady who answered
the
>  phone did not know, and I never did receive the information as promised.
>  am going to buy a new antenna very soon, but I'm looking at other
suppliers
>  because of the difficulty in getting info from Force 12.

     Standard Force 12 antennas have an 80 MPH windspeed survivability
rating. Most antennas are available in a "D" version which is rated at 100
MPH. The "D" versions typcially cost another 10% of the cost.

     Many other antennas are available in an "H" (hurricane) configuration.
According to the catalog, there is a 30% premium for the "H" versions.

     Obviously there is more aluminum in the heavier duty versions. Some
strength upgrades are pretty obvious, others are not. In the case of some "H"
antennas, the whole antenna requires redesigning because of changes to
element sizes, boom size, etc.

      I won't make any excuses for Force 12. They're the only ones that can
do anything about their customer service.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs
                                    and currently a Force 12 dealer