[TowerTalk] Dipole Height on the low bands

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipole Height on the low bands
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:50:58 -0600
A dipole mounted on the roof of a tall building presents a complex
situation.  The feedpoint impedance will likely be determined by
the height of the dipole above the roof (and conducting steel support
beams etc).  The ground reflection will depend on how high and
close the the edge of the roof the antenna is placed.

If the antenna is mounted close to the edge, the ground reflection
in that direction will be from the earth below.  If the roof is wide, the

reflection across the roof will be from the roof (high angle).

de  Tom  N4KG