[TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:03:08 -0400
Dennis, I would use expandable freeze plugs from a auto parts store.
They have a flat washer and a nut on one side, tighten the nut and the
rubber expands. You could also drill a small hole in the tower leg right
under the freeze plug to let the tower breathe. The flat top sections
have these holes right under the plate. You could spray some cold
galvanizing compound around the hole to stop it from rusting. The freeze
plugs also make a nice stopper for the top of your mast.

                   Hope this helps.   73, Bill KB3AUG
                                                    Riverton, WV (only
one traffic light in the whole county!)