[TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??
From: dick.green@valley.net ("Dick Green".)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:06:10 -0400
David,

Just out of curiosity, why should the 40M beam be mounted *above*  the
tribander? I have two friends locally who have identical 100' Rohn 45 towers
with stacked TH7 and Cushcraft 2-EL 40M beams. One has the TH7 on top and
the other has the 40M beam on top. No reason from the former. The latter
says he wanted the heavier beam on the bottom to reduce mast loading. Any
other good reasons to stack one over the other?

73, Dick, WC1M