[TowerTalk] Smaller Towers on City Lots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Smaller Towers on City Lots
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:13:43 -0500

> At my previous QTH I had a 100' Rohn 25 safely guyed on a lot that was
> only 66 feet wide.

I must again show my ignorance and ask what may be a dumb question, but
I am now a homeowner (well, I will be in 29 more years :-(  ) instead of
a renter.  Can guy anchors be placed all the way to the edge of property
lines, or are they only allowed up to the point where the public utility
easement starts (or does this vary by local regulations and/or the local
utility rules?).  My rectangular lot is 95' wide, but with 10' of
easement on the street side and 5' on the "neighbor" side, that only
leaves 80' for guying if I can't go to the edge of the property line.  I
will be going with elevated guy anchors to get some extra room, but I
could get the tower up a little higher if I can guy to the property
lines.  Thanks, y'all.
73
Dave WD5N