[TowerTalk] Re: Upcoming Compliance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Upcoming Compliance
From: bigdon@eskimo.com (Big Don)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 05:49:08 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Bill Turner wrote:

> There is a RF safety calculator available at:
>
> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/rfsafety/
>
> I can't personally vouch for the accuracy - perhaps someone else can?
> But if it's correct, very few of us have anything to worry about.  For
> example, I have a 160/80 meter ground mounted vertical which I like to
>  [...]

Hey, I tried it, this works real slick.

A couple of points, tho.  There are different allowables for "Controlled"
and "Uncontrolled" environments.  I couldn't find where those terms were
defined.

Also, you have to input the "DB" gain for your antenna.  Ther has been so
much confusion over these figures in the past, it would be nice if the
correct values to use for several of the more popular antennas could be
made available somewhere.

Finally, as W7TI mentions, "if it's correct."  The official blessing for
the methodology needs to be issued....

Big Don