[TowerTalk] Re: Upcoming Compliance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Upcoming Compliance
From: alsopb@vance.net (alsopb@vance.net)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 09:06:02 -0500
Guys,
I'm curious about the RF safety calculator assumptions.  The area of
interest in in the "near field"  My understanding is that calculating
near field  field strengths is a big task.   The antenna pattern DB gain
are far field numbers?  Aren't we mixing apples and oranges?  I question
any "calculation" that says it's OK to be within 2 feet when running 1.5
Kw.

Anyhow if it does become a standard, don't forget to include your
feedline loss.  1db is 25% power that doesn't make it to the antenna and
should not be included in the calculation.

Brian/K3KO

to:   INT:bigdon@eskimo.com
cc:   INT:towertalk@contesting.com
Vance Net Inc