[TowerTalk] Raising mast?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Raising mast?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:33:00 -0500
It's been interesting reading this thread.  While I am not
anywhere near doing anything like this in the forseeable future,
it is very thought provoking.....

I'm sure there are some real problems with this idea, but....

What if you placed a gin pole above the top of the tower, dropped
the line down through the thrust bearing (TB), and then down
through the mast to loop through the bottom (use a wirerope
thimble to guide and protect the rope around the mast edge) and
tie the rope to the low end of the mast?

You could even plug the top of the mast so that the rope is
"centered" and does not abraid against the edge.

It would only require guidance at the thrust bearing.....

Would that work?

73,
dale, kg5u