[TowerTalk] interlaced yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] interlaced yagis
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 06:51:58 -0400
Has anyone interlaced the following two antennas onto one boom?

40-2CD 2 ele 40 with:

10-4CD 4 ele 10.....

or a similar combination....I was staring up at the tower this weekend
while stringing a beverage looking at the two of them stacked about 5 feet
apart and it occurred to me that since both are coming down for maintenance
this Summer maybe they could share a common boom.  Seems mechanically to be
a good idea......less boom area and the boom length of the 10 meter beam is
7 foot less than the 40's (16 vs 23) so it it would allow roughly three
feet either end of the ten til hitting a forty meter element......

Any chance the 10 beam cannot "see" through the forty?

Thoughts, pse.....

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm