[TowerTalk] G-1000SDX Rotor Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-1000SDX Rotor Problem
From: rthorne@arn.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 07:50:42 -0500
Just turned on my rotor to turn the beam to the North.

Unfortunately no movement on the Yeasu G1000SDX.  I hear the relays
clicking on and off but no movement on either the control head or the
rotor itself.

The rotor is presently pointed to 90d and is in the overlap position.  I
plan on climbing the tower this weekend to inspect it but wanted to
check to see if anyone else on the reflector has had this type of
problem and what the solution might be.

I'm wondering if I may have taken a lightning hit.

Richard Thorne
Amarillo, TX
Amateur Radio Station: N5ZC (previous calls, KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)