[TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions--

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions--
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 09:25:40 -0400
At 06:37 PM 6/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>There is a "typical" commercial site grounding check list in Appendix B
>(I think, don't have the book in front of me) of the PolyPhaser "Grounds"
>tutorial.
>
>I have decided not to reply to the various postings by experts,
non-experts and
>pseudo-experts.

That's too bad - I've always found your comments enlightening.  The only
difficulty I have with the Polyphaser book is that it assumes that the
equipment must remain on and connected at all times, and then prescribes
protective measures for that situation.  What I want to know is whether
disconnection of all conductors outside the structure is an alternative
that would provide similar, better or worse protection than leaving those
conductors connected with the full complement of protective measures.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia