[TowerTalk] Polyphaser question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser question
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:02:00 +0100
Joe,

Yes, your DC voltage is blocked (stopped) at the PolyPhaser.  However,
PolyPhaser makes other models that allow the DC to pass around the device and
lightning protects both leads.  You don't give enough info in your posting to
make a determinstion what model to use. (e.g, Will you transmit through it? What
power? How much current will the 14V draw? What frequency will you use it on.
etc.) I suggest you call PoylPhaser and talk to an applications engineer.

73

Bill, N3RR
http://www.erols.com/n3rr
http://www.erols.com/n3rr/n3ringrotor/index.htm