[TowerTalk] mounting barrel connectors on lightning bulkhead

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mounting barrel connectors on lightning bulkhead
From: n8ug@juno.com (n8ug@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:33:24 -0500
Pete, you need a #730 Greenlee chassis punch. Works great - current cost
about 15$ from McMaster Carr, among others. If you have no access, let me
know - I'll pick one up for you. There is also a "D" configuration to
stop rotation, but they cost 3X as much. All of the regular feed thru
deals are through a round 5/8 hole. We have a limited supply of heavy
nuts, chrome plated, to replace the skinny junk nuts that come with the
feed thru's.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE bargain page
Our 21st year!

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:19:48 -0400 Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
writes:

>I am  adding a ground-level grounding panel for better lightning
>protection
>for my TOWER and ANTENNAS, and am not looking forward to drilling many
>holes for coax connectors, then reaming to size (I lack a large-enough
>drill).  What other options are out there?  Do they still make chassis
>punches to do this job?
>

>73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
>In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]