[TowerTalk] Switching Controls to Multiple rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Switching Controls to Multiple rotors
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 06:21:21 +0100
One more thing, TIC RingRotors do not require the heavy duty wires that other
rotors do.  That's because the TIC motor is small and wormgear drive-based.
#18 wire is good for 500 ft run.  And, since they are 24VDC driven, the
control box shorts out the motor leads and stops the motor from turning when
shutoff due to the DC motor windings being shorted.  The antenna is held in
place with the wormgear drive.

de: Bill, N3RR (Authorized TIC sales representative)
http://www.erols.com/n3rr/n3ringrotor/index.htm