[TowerTalk] 'Plumbing' tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 'Plumbing' tower?
From: laity@brunnet.net (Rick Laity)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:31:47 -4
Just put one up a month ago.  I simply put the first section
on the stubs, raised it on the cinder blocks and then
measure down 4 feet from the top of each leg and placed
a mark on the legs at that height.  It's just a simple matter
to place a 4 foot level across each of the marks and check
for plumb.  Seems easy but it worked for me as my trylon
72' is level.  Note that there is nothing to line the holes up
when you are putting the sections together (assuming you
are using a gin pole) so we used drift pins and that made
the job a breeze.  It took 3 hours to erect from start to
finish.  What made the job a pleasure was the neighbour
across the street helped with the cement and the erection
(no jokes please) another neighbour allowed the cement
truck to cross his property to the back of mine, the elderly
couple next door said no problem it was my hobby and go
ahead and enjoy it.  To top it off a gentlemen walking down
the street stopped to say how nice it looked.  I don't think it
gets much better than that.

Rick
Rick Laity VE1GN           |
laity@brunnet.net          |