[TowerTalk] Several questions :-)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Several questions :-)
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:29:12 +0000
On 28 Sep 98, T A RUSSELL <n4kg@juno.com> wrote:

>       You forgot to include the versitility provided by a switchable
>       stack.  Having UPPER / LOWER / BOTH options, you can
>       better match the waveangles that are propagating to your
>       target at any given time.   And YES, they do vary.  During
>       high sunspot activity and daylight hours, the angles can
>       get quite high, much higher than most references indicate.
>       de   N4KG

I've had a 2-stack of TH7s up for about 4 years (40 and 76 ft). I've
never seen a time when the lower is better. Generally, the stack is
best, upper second, lower third. I've heard this "folklore" about the
lower one being better, but have never seen it. Is it that the sunspots
aren't back yet, my location (EPA, abt 70 miles from ocean), or
something else?
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club