[TowerTalk] Several questions :-)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Several questions :-)
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:05:36 -0500
I have a mixed pairs C3/C4XL setup at 30 ft spacing.  Lower spacing would
have been better for 10M, and slightly lower (27 ft) looked best for 15M
gain/pattern smoothness when modeling, and one pair (the top) is spaced 40
ft for mechanical reasons (getting the big antenna right above a guy
point), but no problems in operation.  It has only been up for a few
months, but it has done very well.  I do not notice any problems on 10M,
even with the wide spacing.  I see many instances (20% or more) when one
pair is better than "all".  BTW, I feed the C4XLs stacked on 40M (60 ft
spacing) and am very pleased with the performance there.   73 John N5CQ