[TowerTalk] Coax connectors and aluminum braid

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax connectors and aluminum braid
From: fdoob@solder-it.com (Fred Doob)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 01:53:26 -0500
Henry-

We make an aluminum solder paste (ALP-21) which will solder many types of
aluminum wire to other metals ... such as to a PL-259 or other connectors.
HOWEVER...  it is important to clean off the flux residue after soldering
with water or solvent to prevent corrosion.  Unfortuantely, this is very
difficult to nearly impossible with braided wire.  Just thought I'd mention
this in case you ever have the need to solder solid aluminum wire where
cleaning is possible.

Fred, K8PP
http://www.solder-it.com