[TowerTalk] Antenna vis Power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna vis Power
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:23:44 -0500

>I realize this is the "politically incorrect" position to take on this
>subject but I could not resist.
>
>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

Stan, I can see that you look at things from a different angle than the
norm.
However, I think that you only eating half of the apple.  And possible just
a slice.  Moving from the city to the country and being able to put up a
large tower and antennas, I noticed a whole new world opened up to
me that just never existed before.  Now with my antennas and amp, I
am not just another noise in the pile up, but the guy who's getting
through without much effort.  My city lot and big amp just could
never do it.
Many times I end up working the station before the amp even warms
up.  Never did that before.  I would rather antenna over amp
any old day.  But I can't miss with both.
Good luck on viewing this on this side of the angle....
Steve Narducci.......W9SN