[TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (Bruce Goldstein)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:25:01 -0600
ICE makes a very nice (and supposedly effective) grounding block
for coax shield.  You remove about 1 inch (If I remember correctly
and its now -27 degrees fahrenheit wind chill so I am not going to
look!) of the outer plastic, apply the conductive copper colored
paste that is part of the kit and mash it in the machined block
which can be mounted directly (or use a good ground strap).

Each block can handle up to 4 coax's and there are 2 models - one
for RG8x type and one for the larger stuff (9913 etc).

I have used them for two years now and I guess it works (no
lightning damage since their installation).  Was hit once prior to
their installation).

Bruce, WA3AFS (under about 13 inches of white stuff in Iowa)