[TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:35:08 EST
  I put a PL-259 to PL-259 splice at the tower base, then clamp a copper
ground strap around the splice and tie the ground strap to the
tower base and ground system. Right AFTER the grounding point
on the coax I put a 5 turn selenoid coil in the coax about 8" in
diameter.
 I don't tie the feed line to the tower at the top.

Mark WB8JKR

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:15:31 -0700  "Dave D'Epagnier" <DAVED@ctilidar.com>
writes:

>Hello,
>does anybody know of an easy way of attaching the shield of RG-213
>cable
>or (similar) to the top and bottom of a grounded tower? I've read that
>this is desirable for lightning protection (grounds shield currents
>before they can leave the tower), and possibly to reduce noise pickup.
>It of course needs to be a water proof method. I'm not sure if this is
>the same thing that K7FL is asking for or not.
>
>thanks,
>Dave
>AB0GJ
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]