[TowerTalk] Compensating for unequal guy angles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Compensating for unequal guy angles
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:43:09 EST
In a message dated 99-02-10 16:24:59 EST, CALG3297@AGT.Net writes:

<< Our club obtained a 150ft tower which must be guyed.  Obtaining a site
 is a problem for us.  A potential free site is a rectangle 350 ft long
 by 150 ft wide.
 What layout can we use for the guys?
 Can we increase the strength of the guy wires or varying tensioning to
 make this site work? >>

       These are engineering questions that should be answered by one. Yes,
there are several things you can do to fit it into the space you've got (one
is to not put up all 150').

       The Rohn catalog has a drawing of site land required for different
heights and anchor distances but it sounds like yours will be a custom (read
'engineered) design.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC