[TowerTalk] Climbing belt Rings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing belt Rings
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:00:09 EST
In a message dated 99-02-10 16:25:12 EST, spelunk.sueno@cwix.com writes:

<<     Read  http://www.ncinsider.com//supreme/1995/1103/mickles.html   and
 take heed about mixing belts and climbing straps from different
 manufacturers. >>

       Interesting reading even though I'm not an attorney. What I got from
the incident was that this was old single latch safety equipment which is no
longer compliant to OSHA. For several years all you've been able to buy are
double-latch lanyards. I know that many hams are still using single-latch
safety equipment (heck, some of them are even using leather lanyards). My
advice is to get rid of the potentially dangerous single-latch safety
equipment and get the newer, safer stuff.

       And, yes, Champion Radio Products handles the OSHA approved equipment.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
www.championradio.com