[TowerTalk] Climbing belt Rings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing belt Rings
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:05:21 -0500
> My lanyards have a single spring locked latch on each end. Am I to
> understand that newer lanyards have 2 latches on each end for a total of 4
> latches per lanyard?

Steve wrote back and said yes, but I believe he misunderstood the
question.  There are *not* four latches (two on each end) but
rather two spring released latches on each catch )snap-hook) at
the ends of the lanyard.

In other words, it is a double-action mechanism to release the
snap-hook from the D-ring on your belt.  This prevents the
possible twisting of the snap-hook in the D-ring and the subsequent
premature or unintended release of yourself from the tower.

It's not the fall that kills you, but the sudden stop at the
bottom.

J.P. W2XX

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net
         w2xx@arrl.org

I am Pentium of Borg...Precision is futile...You will be approximated!