[TowerTalk] Verticals upside down on a tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals upside down on a tower?
From: Bill Jackson" <k9rz@probe.net (Bill Jackson)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:32:41 -0600
Jonathan,

If memory serves me correctly, some of the higher end commercial antenna
manufacturers state that the vertical radiation pattern is designed for a
specific orientation of the antenna.  Inverting the antenna may cause a
downward tilt of this pattern, lowering the angle of radiation below the
horizon, which may limit your range.  However, this probably wouldn't matter
much at your typical amateur tower height, but something you may want to
look into just for grins.

73 de Bill, K9RZ