[TowerTalk] Verticals upside down on a tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals upside down on a tower?
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 05:29:56 -0800 (PST)

I've seen 2 M J-pole antennas mounted "upside down" on a offset mount
near the top of a tower.  Since the J-pole is essentially a 1/2 wave
vertical, end fed, the radiation would be the same in either
orientation providing there was no radiation from the feedline.  The
J-pole is easy to construct, have made several over the years.

73, Stew...