[TowerTalk] TH7 Advice found & appreciated!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7 Advice found & appreciated!!
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:47:04 -0600
On Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:50:10 -0700, Kurt Andress wrote:

> So, following one of my more annoying traits, I stepped "outside the
> box" provided by the factory, and the "Prime Directive" and set the
> driven elements to even longer dimensions!

Just be careful that you don't go too far.  I don't remember just how
much overlap was available on mine, but (if I remember right), I didn't
go further than I did because of the lack of enough overlap.  I can't
remember right now how much they consider enough, but Roger can supply
that number for you, as he did when I was doing mine.  It is a number
derived from the diameter of the tubing involved (something like 3xD or
some similar formula).  This overlap is needed to maintain structural
integrity.  Wouldn't want it to break apart at the joint.

I'm very interested in the work you did with the balun.  I may want to
replace my stock one some day.

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.