[TowerTalk] set the record straight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] set the record straight
From: solitsky@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott E. Olitsky)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:43:43 -0500
Since I am that person who ordered a "non-tower" product, let me set the
record straight....

When I ordered a Rotor, my card was charged within 5 minutes of the order
(the credit card company called my wife to confirm the charge).  After a few
months, I heard nothing, calls and emails were ignored.  If I happened to
get Joel on the phone, it was always "shipping tomorrow".  Then he ignored
me completely.  I called my credit card company and they refunded my money.
They also called Joel and took his charge back....then I got noticed.  He
rushed me a check and subtracted 15% for "restocking"...why he felt the need
to charge me when the rotor had never shipped from Europe was beyond me.  I
refused to set his account straight until he sent that to me too.  He called
my house nightly to ask me to call the credit card company and set things
straight.  He was very attentive once he wanted me to fix things.

Joel...I actually do have better things to do than "have fun" typing these
emails.  However, I feel for the others that feel powerless about you having
taken their money, having been in their place with alot less lost.  I was
lucky that I figured this our before the date had passed  when I could fix
the problem with my credit card company alone.  There always seems to be an
excuse but it is hard to understand why so many people are so unhappy with
you.  Maybe the reason there are not more of those harping on this is
because not all of your "customers" are on TT.

Why in the world would you need to charge the full amount as soon as an
order is taken?  I have never dealt with another company that does such a
thing.  A deposit maybe but never the full amount months before it ships.

Sorry for the bandwidth for those who that do not care

Scott
AC3A