[TowerTalk] set the record straight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] set the record straight
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:13:37 -0600
There are some FTC issues with this also.  I believe that the vendor
must ask the buyer if a refund is wanted or if its ok to hold the funds
if a product will not ship within 30 days of the order date.

Just from memory when I worked for the IBM PC company.  We had to send
letters out on a regular basis to customers when ship dates were missed.

Tom Rauch wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Taking money ahead of time, and not delivering a product
> immediately, is a very poor business practice.
>
> Nothing else matters except the cash is in the "sellers" pocket,
> and the customer has no goods.
>
> No matter what the situation, a vendor should NEVER hold the
> customers money without the customer's permission and if they
> fail to deliver **on time** for **any** reason they should
> immediately issue a refund.
>
> There is no excuse for anything else.
> 73, Tom W8JI
> w8ji@contesting.com