[TowerTalk] 160/80 M Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160/80 M Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:30:43 EST
In a message dated 1/24/01 6:36:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
w8ji@contesting.com writes:

> One thing for certain go for the GAP, performance will be very
>  predictable!
>
>  There is no doubt at all the GAP will never have a good signal, no
>  matter what. With the GAP, you'll easily be a couple S unit's
>  weaker than you would with a simple low dipole.

    Yep, our experience with one on 160M was the same. We were at the ocean
for a 160M contest and heard everything but could only work 1/3 of the
stations we heard. It did work semi-okay on 80 and okay on 40 though.

Cheers,    Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech