[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiří Šanda)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:43:06 +0100
The effect of large antenna close to a smaller one is always HUGE. Try to
model it and you will see. The effect can be eliminated by changing the
sizes of the given antennas, the results are often unpredictable. In some
cases the larger structure might be more influenced by the smaller one in
others it might be the opposite and in some rare cases there might be
virtually no influence. In any case for instance to have large 6 el. Yagi
for 15m and 20m closer than 2 meters is completely destroying provided you
will not change the design, if you change it, it might live together happily
on one boom. See NW3Z.contesting.com or a good example are all the "more"
banders of F12. If you try to model each of the antennas alone you get poor
functionality - as it is on one boom and the design is modified you get
CLOSE TO ALMOST monoband performance from the modified - compared to free
space - design.

73!
Jiri

OK1RI