[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiøí Sanda)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:35:42 +0100
Hi,

I agree.

1. Accuracy of modeling. Even with NEC2 or MININEC you get some results and
you get probably lower impedances than the reality but the radiation pattern
is probably more-less correct.

2. There is one software which claims to be a competition to NEC-4 - the
EM-broadcast professional. This is the one I bought (not cheap either - but
no need for complicated licensing etc.) and my experience with real results
field tested - compared to modeling was very good - less then 5% in
impedances. It can handle 10 000 pulses so huge complicated structures can
be modeled - you need some 20-40 segments/wavelength. The software was
written by scientists - so the internal engine is probably good but the
shell around it is scarce and user unfriendly .....

73 !

Jiri
OK1RI