[TowerTalk] quads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] quads
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:05:32 -0500
Ohh Ohh.

Let's all remember just because an antenna doesn't set the world
on fire it or live up to greatly exaggerated expectations it doesn't
mean it is "crummy"!

Even if it did, "crummy" antennas have there place if there is
something about them you like.

> Sure wish I had known how crummy quads were. Never would have used
> them for the 30 years I did. Mostly 4 ele tribanders. pun....
> Seriously, using yagi's now really can't tell much difference dxing.
> Just an unmeasured opinion from KN9T.   73  Mike

You shouldn't see any difference, unless one of the antennas in
isn't working up to what it should. There is virtually no difference
between a quad and a yagi, if each are the same height and
length...and are tuned properly. The biggest difference is in
mechanical considerations, and the emotions of quad or yagi lovers!

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com