[TowerTalk] Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors
From: n9en@voyager.net (N9EN@VOYAGER.NET)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:18:33 -0500
The reason why I use the Astro-Plate connectors, instead
of the silver-plated connectors is that when I'm in the pro-
cess of soldering the braid thru the 4 holes, I apply a very
SMALL amount of soldering flux to the sides of the holes
as well as to the braid itself. I then solder each hole, one
at a time, of course. The solder only tends to adhere to
the sides of the holes & the braid itself. Makes for a very
nice-looking job when I'm done.

I've also tried the silver-plated ones but the solder tends to
adhere to all parts of the connector, due to silver's adffinity
for solder adhering to it. I'll stick with the Astro-Plate ones!

73 de Brad @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)...