[TowerTalk] Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors
From: WD4K@bellsouth.net (WD4K)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:02:01 -0600
Last year at Dayton I purchased two dozen 259's and a friend purchased one
dozen. These were from a very reputatable dealer in sealed Amphenol pkgs.
Out of the three dozen, we have so far had 3 failures. That meaning, the
barrels will NOT screw onto the body part--right out of the bag. I have used
half of mine so the percentage of failure could go up as they are used. In
the 25 or 30 years of buying these from my local supply house, I can recall
no failures of this type.
Since there are fakes of eveything from baby formula to designer clothes--is
it possible that there are knockoffs that even the good dealers do not know
about?? After many many years with no Amphenol failures, I find this
frequency of failure very odd. Tommy WD4K