[TowerTalk] Rotator Control Bulbs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Control Bulbs
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 23:05:49 -0500
I have both Ham-M and T2X plastic rotator boxes, both types started melting
with the original lamps.  What I did was to find a similar lamp that drew
slightly less current (less heat) and also was a slightly higher voltage
(say 28.8 versus 28.0) this stopped the melting and gave me longer lamp life
(with slightly less brightness).  I don't have the numbers with me right now
but can supply them if someone wishes in a week or so.

Mike W9RE

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----