[TowerTalk] Rotator Control

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Control
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 00:46:12 -0400
I learned a trick to increase lamp life with a slight decrease in
brightness a few years ago.  Not sure where I saw the hint but it works.

With a lamp using AC voltage add a diode in series with the lamp.  It cuts
the available voltage to the lamp. I have used the idea with one of the
small hi intensity lamps that had been going thru bulbs pretty quick.  Its
had the same one now for approx 10 years.

73 Jim KI7Y

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----