[TowerTalk] Force 12 C3 spacers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C3 spacers
From: clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:04:26 -0000
Hi All,
I guarantee the 20m and 15m driven elements touch on a C31RX-H.
I was getting big jumps in swr on both the bands with just one insulator per
side in the OEM stated position. The only  solution was to add two more
insulators near the tips of the 15m driver. The swr problem was occurring at
wind speeds of 50-60mph so if you get those speeds and expect to be able to
use your C31 ask for and fit two insulators per side.
73 Clive GM3POI