[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: ve6yc@home.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 17:58:55 +0100
> A lot of people criticize this antenna on 160 but I was
> happy with it.

I agree completely with this statement. I owned one of the first
(Thank you Gap Antennas!!) ones to come off of the line.
It was gotten to help run a special event station at the
Stampede grounds. CJ6CEXS in 1992. It went with the IOTA DX
group to Cameron Island, CH8MNP Aug. 1993. Then it was used
at both my QTH and the local DX/contest station VE6AO.
It is a killer on 40, always better than the Hy-Gain 2 elem.
yagi at 56 feet (on DX).
It was equal to or better than the 80 meter inverted Vee
fed at 45 feet.
It resonated on 160.

For 160 a better antenna is the HF2V with lots of radials.
One of the locals, VE6LB, worked DXCC on one.
Again, just my 2 cents worth.

--
 Peter J. Larsen

http://members.home.net/ve6yc