[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: ei8ic@eircom.net (Tim Makins, EI8IC)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:10:40 +0100
I feel the topic of horizontal loops should be expanded on here. They seem a
cheap and easy-to-construct antenna, which can be supported from 3 or 4
wooden poles, 20-30' high,  in the corners of a small lot. The wire can be
of a small gauge, and hence almost invisible, as long as you don't mind
repairing it after occasional gales, ice or bird-strikes.  I have heard of
one Scottish station using two loops, one above the other, on the same
poles, and claiming very good results QRP to VK-land.

Who else has actually used a horizontal loop on the low bands, and what are
your comments ?

Tim www.qsl.net/ei8ic/