[TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:37:45 -0000
Why pull hardline through a pipe? Sounds like more trouble than
it's worth. Just directly bury it. That's what the cable company does.
I have a 100 ft run of 4 inch PVC buried and pulled all my coax and
control lines through it. It was no easy task, especially when I
added a few more cables at a later date - my pull rope tangled
within the existing cable runs, etc. I wound up pulling everything
out to get everything back in.
When I added 2 hardline runs, I didn't even consider pulling them
through the conduit. I rented a ditchwitch for half a day (their
minimum), and in less than an hour dug a 4 inch wide by 2.5 ft
deep by 100 ft long trench parallel to my conduit run. Laid the
hardlines in, pushed the dirt back in. Easy!
73,
Barry W2UP