[TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline Pipe or tubing
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 06:33:00 -0700

> I believe that most of the water (and you would be surprised how
> much can
> accumulate) will be from condensation. You cannot easily prevent
> this

Water will indeed accumulate and cause all kinds of problems
including a nasty mold!  Sometime after I installed a 200 foot run
of pipe I noticed an foul odor coming out of it at the shack end.
I tried plugging the pipe with some spongy foam to block the air
but that didn't help much.  Then I installed a Tee connector in the
pipe at each end and screened over the Tee part of it, orienting
the Tee to keep out rain.  I left the foam in the tube ends to
block outside air.  The Tees allowed fresh air to circulate in the
tube and the odor problem disappeared.

73,
Charlie, N0TT