[TowerTalk] vertical antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical antennas
From: wes@attawayinterests.com (Wes Attaway)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 21:58:27 -0600
Well, I think our course is now clear.  Someone needs to put up a vertical
with 40 1/4-wavelength radials and make some detailed measurements.  Then do
the same thing with 50 and 60 radials.  Then see if there is any meaningful
difference in the results.  We need measurements over sand, loam, salt
water, marsh land, and rocky terrain.  I certainly don't want to miss any DX
just becuase the tips of my radials should have been (approximately) .005
wavelength closer together.  And, I know Tom would not want any of us to
miss some good DX by being so horribly negligent.

Wes - N5WA