[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX rotator freewheeling after windstorm

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX rotator freewheeling after windstorm
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:12:22 EST
Tuesday we had quite a few gusts over 60 mph, and probably a few over 70 MPH,
during a 12 hour period.  Quick eyeballing of antennas doesn't show any
damage, but the Yaesu rotar is freewheeling, indicating, I suppose, that some
gears were broken.  For a couple of years it's rotated my KT34XA an inch
above the tower thrust bearing and a 2 el Cushcraft beam 8' above that, and
at right angles (90 gegrees) to the KT34XA.  Has anyone had any experience
with damaged Yaesu G-1000SDX rotators and repair of same?   If the info is in
the archives, please advice me how to find it.  Thanks.   Glad I got a good
effort in the CQWW last weekend since I'll not be able to attempt a
competitive effort this weekend in the SS.
Doug  W0AH

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----