[TowerTalk] MA-550 will not extend

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-550 will not extend
From: dlabat@tcinternet.net (David LaBat)
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:20:55 -0600
Finally got my MA-550 vertical today. After about three redesigns it is up.
However, it will not extend! Goes up about 2 feet and then refuses to go
higher. The tension increases markedly on the cable. I haven't forced it,
don't want to cause damage. Have I just missed something , like a
restraining bolt? I don't see anthing obvious (doesn't mean it isn't
obvious, I just haven't seen it). Hopefully soemone knows the quick answer,
I don't care for the alternatives, like a faulty tower. Any insights would
be appreciated, nothing on the tower yet, There is a mast in the top, pushed
in about 5 feet, could that interfere with anything?

Thanks,
Dave KØXH

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----